The Resource for Everything Military Boots
SHOT Show 2012: Under Armour Speed Freek Boots
Under Armour made quite an impression on military professionals when they debuted their Speed Freek boot last year. These rugged boots are lightweight and super speedy, featuring the sole of a running shoe and waterproof GoreTex lining. Plus, colors like duty black, brown or different camo patterns make these boots super versatile.
What’s new for the Speed Freek in 2012? Our sister site TacticalGear.com‘s Nora Holloway caught up with Under Armour’s Senior Director Kevin Eskridge to find out what they have in store for us.
- GORE-TEX® lining is 100% waterproof but still allows sweat to escape, keeping your feet dry as the hunt heats up
- High-abrasion CORDURA® mesh nylon provides a durable upper without adding a lot of weight
- Lightweight, waterproof pigskin leather overlays add protection and durability to the boots
- Push-through protection outsole protects your foot from hazards in rough terrain, without sacrificing flexibility
- High-abrasion TPU toe cap gives extra durability and protection to the front of the boots
- Durable EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning and shock absorption, protecting your foot in any terrain
- Molded OrthoLite® footbed is designed with a memory foam top and high-rebound foam bottom, for a customized, comfort fit
- ETC® Anti-Friction Lining prevents rubbing on the foot, as well as wicking moisture to keep you dry and comfortable
- Speed lacing shanks on the upper, for easy on/off without sacrificing a secure fit
- Weight: 16.7 oz.
- Height: 7″